Application - Accommodation - Residence Permit - Enrollment DFH-UFA

For the application in Freiberg:


1. Application
Please apply via the online application portal of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg –

Please choose the study programme Master "Geophysik" (in German language) and below choose "Double degree programme".

During the application process you will have to upload several documents such as proof of enrolment at the IPGP as well as a language certificate. Please upload whatever proof you have. In case of questions or problems with the application portal, please contact Mr. Torsten Mayer of the International Office via e-mail –, or telephone: +49 3731 39-3191. The application deadline is 15 September 2022.


2. Accommodation in the dormitories
A seperate online application is required. The recommended time to do this is three months before the start of the semester.

Dormitory registration portal (in English):

The monthly rent for a room ranges from 160 € to 300 €, depending on the type of accommodation –
When registering, you can enter information about the type of flat you want. If capacities are available according to your wishes, the hall of residence administration will send you a suitable offer by e-mail. If there are no flats available that meet your requirements, alternatives will be suggested. You have to pay a deposit of 300 € in advance. You will receive the payment request and the bank details by email from the hall of residence administration. The deposit will be returned when moving out and if there is no damage or gross dirt on the flat or furniture. Cooking facilities are available, cutlery, pots and dishes can be bought at the accommodation office. Pillows, blankets and linens may also be bought for a reasonable price. For hygienic reasons, each student must bring their own towels. Fast internet connection is available in the dormitories, the cost is included in the rent.


3. Residence permit for Germany
With a long-term residence permit for France you can also study in Germany for up to 360 days without applying for another visa or residence permit. This is possible thanks to the "Directive (EU) 2016/801"  also called "REST directive". You will get a residence confirmation for Germany on the basis of the French residence permit.
If you want to use this option, please fill in the form you find enclosed (file name "application_residence_confirmation_for_germany_(rest_guideline).pdf"). Send it together with the following documents to Mr. Torsten Mayer of the International Office by e-mail –
Application documents for residence confirmation:
   - residence permit of the first EU Member State
   - evidence of the participation in a Union or multilateral programme with mobility measures or the agreement between the higher education institutions
   - enrolment certificate or proof of admission to the TU Bergakademie Freiberg
   - recognised, valid passport
   - proof of health insurance

The application should be completed at least 30 days prior to the arrival in Freiberg.

Looking forward to welcoming you in Freiberg.



For the application in Paris:

1. Application

Please contact Frédéric Perrier ( who will put you in touch with the relevant administrative offices.

2. Accommodation

Once you have registered with the IPGP, you can be offered reserved accommodation. Accommodation is also available in Paris for foreign students (CROUS).

3. Authorization of the stay in France

The administrative departments of the IPGP can refer you to the relevant authorities if necessary.



For enrollment at the Franco-German University:

If you are already enrolled in a degree program in Freiberg or Paris and would like to participate in the exchange program of the French-German University (DFH-UFA) to qualify for mobility assistance during your stay abroad, please register with the DFH-UFA here. Information for prospective students on the DFH mobility programs can be found here.


Students who do not yet have an account with DFH-UFA must first create a new account.  In this case, you must select the "Register Account" function and then fill in the fields that appear. You can log in to your personal area right after that using your self-selected username and password. Then you can fill in and validate the "New enrollment" form.


Students who already have an account with the DFH-UFA only need to log in using their self-selected username and password. There you will find your personal information, your previous enrollments, the enrollment / re-enrollment forms and other useful documents. You must fill out the "Re-enrollment" form if you are continuing your studies in the same program as the previous year. Re-enrollment only affects you if you are starting a new degree program.

Important information: The enrollment at the DFH takes place only after the completion and validation of the enrollment / re-registration form. The creation of an account (register account) is in no way considered as enrollment!

Studiengang merkenDeine Merkliste